In 2018, Missourians voted to approve the legal sale of medicinal cannabis. In order to purchase legal weed at a dispensary, Missouri residents must present a medical marijuana license. Click here to apply for a medical marijuana license:
How to get a medical marijuana license in Missouri
In 2018, Missourians voted to approve the legal sale of medicinal cannabis. In order to purchase legal weed at a dispensary, Missouri residents must present a medical marijuana license.
As outlined in 19.CSR.30.95.030, these are the steps you must take to be approved for a medical marijuana card:
- First, sign up on the greenpass website.
- We will match you with an available doctor for a consultation.
- Once you complete your consultation, you will receive an email about your doctor’s recommendation.
- Then you will register with the Complia application portal through the Missouri DHSS website. (As of May 26, 2021, only applications submitted through the on-line registry will be accepted.)
- Once you have registered in Complia, your greenpass doctor recommendation will automatically be matched with your application! It’s that simple.
- From there, the Missouri DHSS will approve or deny your application within 30 days.
If you are approved, you will receive a digital file of your medical marijuana card. Be sure to print it out! Missourians will need to present a physical copy in order to purchase medical marijuana at a dispensary.In 2018, Missourians voted to approve the legal sale of medicinal cannabis. In order to purchase legal weed at a dispensary, Missouri residents must present a medical marijuana license.
What conditions qualify for a medical marijuana card in Missouri?
In order to qualify for a medical marijuana card, Missourians must meet with a licensed Missouri physician to be diagnosed with one or more of the following conditions:
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
- A chronic medical condition that causes severe, persistent pain or persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to ailments such as multiple sclerosis, seizures, Parkinson’s disease, and Tourette’s syndrome
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to, post-traumatic stress order if diagnosed by a state-licensed psychiatrist
- Human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- A chronic medical condition that is normally treated with a prescription medication that could lead to physical or psychological dependence, when a physician determines that medical use of marijuana could be effective in treating that condition and would serve as a safer alternative to the prescription medication
- A terminal illness
- Chronic, debilitating, or other medical condition, including, but not limited to, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, Huntington’s disease, autism, neuropathies, sickle cell anemia, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, cachexia, and wasting syndrome
How long is my medical marijuana license valid?
In the state of Missouri, medical marijuana cards are valid for 1 year from approval date. To renew, login to your greenpass account and follow our simple steps to renew your Missouri medical marijuana license.